Primary PE and Sports Premium was designed to help primary schools improve and develop the quality of PE and sports activities they offer pupils. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
Action plan for 2021-22
The aim for the 2021-22 academic year is to use the Sports Premium Fund to:
- improve pupil fitness by aiming to provide 30 minutes of physical activity a day- through lessons, daily active mini-breaks and providing lots of opportunities for physical activity during playtimes and lunchtimes, with a comprehensive timetable for sporting actvities, physical games and timetabled use if the outdoor gym.
- enhance our school swimming provision- so that pupils in Years 4, 5 & 6 who have had 2 years of swimming disruption can catch-up
- install an outdoor gym at the KS1 site
- support staff training in PE and sports- through use of structured schemes of work from Cambridgeshire County council and online resources from The PE hub
- provide further opportunities for pupils to experience outdoor activities like climbing and orienteering skills
- continue to devlop and improve our program of Intra-class competitions in school.
For the academic year 2021-22 Berridge Primary received £21,250, with a small underspend last year, this years total is £26,975
Impact of Swimming Provision 2020-21
Due to the continuing effects of the Covid19 pandemic during the academic year 20-21 our pupils were not able to access their swimming entitilement and we are therefore unable to provide data for this year.