Primary PE and Sports Premium was designed to help primary schools improve and develop the quality of PE and sports activities they offer pupils. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The premium has been used to:
- add to the PE and sports activities that our school already offer.
- enhance our school swimming provision
- employ sports coaches to develop pupil skills in a number of different sports both in curriculum time and in after-school clubs.
- support staff training in PE and sports
- increase the number of competitive sport events attended
- transport to sporting events, tournaments, league matches (football, cricket etc)
- to provide further opportunities for pupils to develop their climbing walls and orienteering skills
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining our school in future years.
For the academic year 2018/2019 Berridge Primary received £21,000.
Sports Premium spend for 2018-19 was as follows:
Income: £21, 000 Sports Premium
- £12,000- Sports Coaches for KS1 and KS2
- £ 5,500- Y6 Aquakids, Y5 Waterpolo, Y2 Water familiarisation
- £ 700 – Orienteering Event
- £ 800 – CPD and supply cover for PE leads
- £650- to pay for transport to competitive sporting events and outdoor activities, kit, competition entry fees, new sports equipment
- 100 - playtime games equipment
Impact of Swimming Provision
- 65% of Y6 pupils can swim 25m or more
- 76% of Y6 pupils use a range of strokes effectively
- 72% of Y6 can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations?
2019-20 the anticipated income from Sports Premium is £21,000
We will continue to provide:
- Sports Coaching to ensure skills development and progression across the school as well as quality CPD for staff
- Pool-based activities for years 2,5,& 6 to enhance our school swimming program in Y3 & 4
- Opportunities for pupils to take part in orienteering and climbing activities
- A varied range of clubs for pupils from Y1- Y6
See 2019-2020 Sports Premium Action Plan for further details