Primary PE and Sports Premium was designed to help primary schools improve and develop the quality of PE and sports activities they offer pupils. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The aim for 2019-2020 academic year was to use the premium for:
- add to the PE and sports activities that our school already offer.
- enhance our school swimming provision
- employ sports coaches to develop pupil skills in a number of different sports both in curriculum time and in after-school clubs.
- support staff training in PE and sports
- increase the number of competitive sport events attended
- transport to sporting events, tournaments, league matches (football, cricket etc)
- to provide further opportunities for pupils to develop their climbing walls and orienteering skills
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining our school in future years.
Sadly, due to Covid19 and school closures planned sporting programmes and activities was not completed for this academic year.
For the academic year 2019-2020 Berridge Primary received £21,000.
Impact of Swimming Provision
Due to Covid19 and school closures we are unable to provide data for this academic year