Primary PE and Sports Premium was designed to help primary schools improve and develop the quality of PE and sports activities they offer pupils. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The aim for 2020-21 academic year was to use the premium for:
- improve pupil fitness by aiming to provide 30 minutes of physical activity a day- through lesson, active mini-breaks throughout the day and providing lots of opportunities for physical activity during playtimes and lunchtimes.
- enhance our school swimming provision- to address the lack of swimming in the 19-20 academic year
- install an outdoor gym at the KS2 site
- support staff training in PE and sports- through PE hub and by school PE specialist
- to provide further opportunities for pupils to develop their climbing walls and orienteering skills
- Due to lack of opportunities for children to take part in comepetitions locally we aim to devlop our program of Intra-class competitions in school.
For the academic year 2020-21 Berridge Primary received £21,000.
Impact of Swimming Provision
Due to the continuing effects of the Covid19 pandemic during the academic year 20-21 our pupils were not able to access their swimming entitilement and we are therefore unable to provide data for this year.