Primary PE and Sports Premium was designed to help primary schools improve and develop the quality of PE and sports activities they offer pupils. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The premium has been used to:
- add to the PE and sports activities that our school already offer.
- enhance our school swimming provision
- employ sports coaches to develop pupil skills in a number of different sports both in curriculum time and in after-school clubs.
- support staff training in PE and sports
- increase the number of competitive sport events attended
- transport to sporting events, tournaments, league matches (football, cricket etc)
- develop our school grounds- climbing walls and orienteering opportunities
- ensure all KS2 pupils have the opportunity to try out adventurous sports at venues around the city. (canoeing, climbing, archery, ice-skating etc)
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining our school in future years.
For the academic year 2017/2018 Berridge Primary received £21,000.
Sports Premium spend for 2017-18 was as follows:
Income: £21, 000 Sports Premium
- £7,000.00- Sports Coaches for KS1 and KS2
- £1,500.00- Y6 Aquakids
- £1,000.00- New Equipment for netball and badminton
- £6500.00 - Physical Activities outside of school (Water sports, Ice-skating, Climbing, Archery etc)
- £2500.00- to pay for transport to competitive sporting events and outdoor activities, kit, competition entry fees
- 1600.00- Climbing Traverse Walls at Bobbersmill and Brushfield sites.
- 100.00- playtime games equipment
Impact of Swimming Provision
- 54% of our Y6 children are now able to swim 25m.
2018-19- anticipated income from Sports Premium is £21,000
- This is to be spent on additional Sports Coaching to ensure skills development and progression across and between year groups
- Swimming provision- in addition to our swimming programme- develop opportunities for further pool activities such as Aqua Kids, water polo and life-saving.
- Developing orienteering and climbing skills across KS1 & 2
See action plan for further details